Her recent wine and culinary travels include: Germany, Croatia, France, Spain, Chile, Australia, Italy, Mexico, Singapore, and Israel.
Deborah hails from Wilmington, Delaware. She worked for the DuPont Co. in Delaware, New Jersey, Mississippi, and Santa Clara, California. She began her journalism career by writing about food and drink in California and has broadened to a global gastronomic scope.
- ASJA – American Society of Journalists and Authors
- NATJA – North American Travel Journalists Association
- AJF – Association of Food Journalists
- IACP – International Association of Culinary Professionals
- WNBA – Women’s National Book Association
Deborah edited the amazon.com bestseller, Break Through the Noise by Elisa Southard.
A sample of Deborah’s volunteer activities:
- Poet Laureate of Pleasanton, Calif. from 2009-2011
- Ina Coolbrith Circle, Board member 2011-present
Named after the first Poet Laureate of California, the mission of the Ina Coolbrith Circle is to nurture study, reading and writing of poetry and history of California.
- Wardrobe for Opportunity, Walnut Creek, Calif. Volunteer of the Year, 1999
- Industry Initiatives for Science and Math Education (IISME), Santa Clara , Calif., Board President in the 1990s
Deborah lives in San Francisco’s East Bay with her husband, Michael. When she’s not writing, she’s probably at the gym, exploring with friends, reading, or cooking.
- Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Chapter of the University of Delaware
- University of London, England: Master’s degree in Library and Information Studies
- University of Delaware: BA cum laude, History